What are three things needed in an electric motor?
The three things you need to make a motor are 1) a rotating part, called a rotor, with magnets that have alternating polarity; 2) one or more electromagnets; and 3) a commutator that switches the direction of current in the electromagnets back and forth in the correct sequence to keep the rotor spinning.
What equipment is used in electric motors?
electric motors are used in electric fans ,coolers , refrigrators ,mixer ,and grinders ,washing machine ,water pump,and electric cars.
What is the composition of making the motor?
Electric motor designs can vary quite a lot, though in general they have three main parts: a rotor, a stator and a commutator. These three parts use the attractive and repulsive forces of electromagnetism, causing the motor to spin continually as long as it receives a steady flow of electric current.
What are the components of motor?
A simple motor has the following parts:
- A power supply – mostly DC for a simple motor.
- Field Magnet – could be a permanent magnet or an electromagnet.
- An Armature or rotor.
What are the 6 parts of an electric motor?
These six components include:
- 1) The Rotor. The rotor is the moving part of your electric motor. …
- 3) The Bearings. The rotor in your electric motor is supported by bearings, which allow it to turn on its axis. …
- 4) The Windings. …
- 5) The Air Gap. …
- 6) The Commutator. …
- What Do All of These Components Have in Common?