What year is the most reliable Chevy truck?
The 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 series is typically regarded as the best year to get in terms of overall reliability and quality. They are known to last a long time and there are not many complaints that have been filed about them.
What are the most reliable years for Chevy Silverado?
2012. The 2012 Silverado model year is largely recognized as one of the most reliable trucks in the line, with only 2 recalls, and is regarded as a standout in what may have been some regrettable years for the model.
Are Chevys known for transmission problems?
As a result, Chevy drivers have reported a range of transmission problems, most of which involve automatic transmissions, such as slipping between gears and cracks in the transmission housing or a clog in the transmission fluid filter. Manual transmission problems are more rare.
What year trucks have the Chevy shake?
Two class action lawsuits have been filed against General Motors for the “Chevy Shake.” According to these lawsuits, the Chevy Shake appears in these affected vehicles: 2014–2019 Chevrolet Silverado. 2014–2019 GMC Sierra. 2015–2020 Chevrolet Tahoe.
What truck breaks down most?
The 5 Longest-Lasting Used Trucks
- Honda Ridgeline. The Honda Ridgeline comes in at first place in the category of trucks most likely to last 200,000 miles. …
- Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma is another midsize truck that can provide reliability and longevity. …
- Toyota Tundra. …
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500. …
- Ford F-150.
What problems do Chevy Silverados have?
Top Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail. …
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail. …
- Fuel Level Sensor Failure. …
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically.
Why do Chevy transmissions fail?
The issue can be faulty shift solenoid, low transmission fluid level, wiring problems, TCM, ECU, PCM software issues, TCC solenoid failed, TCC clutch worn out, bad TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) lockup, faulty brake pedal switch. The throttle position sensor may no longer send the correct electrical signal.
Does the 2014 Chevy Silverado have transmission problems?
Most commonly, the 2014 Silverado suffers from gear slipping, with users also reporting shifting from first to second gear becoming stiff, tight and very difficult over time.